To Taste background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day!

So the entire city of Milwaukee and many surrounding areas had a snow day yesterday! It was actually a lot of fun! Since I don't have a job it was just like any other day, but this time Evan was home and so were my cousin Nicki and her boyfriend Andy! I woke up to Evan and Andy outside cleaning up all the snow! We got 20+ inches of snow from Monday to Wednesday morning. It was nuts! Our back door had to be pushed open cause so much snow was piled up outside it. Nicki and I were able to get in a good workout to some workout DVDs, which was also a plus! Towards the end of the day Evan and I went to my mom's house to help her dig a path on the back patio...which had about a 4 foot drift on it. I was able to play with our dog Kaya in the snow and she had a blast! Her are some pictures of the snow.
This was our house in the morning!

These are some cars down the street! I felt pretty bad for these people :(

I am standing on my Mom's back patio here and the snow is up to my waist!

Kaya catching snowballs

My baby and I

The snow day was so much fun! I decided to make Chicken Piccata for everyone last night and it was amazing!! I got this recipe a while ago from my cousin Kim who lives in Kansas. I made it once when I got the recipe but had not made it again until last night. I used chicken tenders instead of whole chicken breasts. I did this because I didn't want to cut and pound out the chicken! The tenders worked great and I would probably do it this way again!


Chicken Piccata
by Kim Litscher

Ingredients:
4 chicken cutlets (or chicken tenders)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
fresh lemon slices
salt and pepper
flour

Directions:
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with flour. Spray skillet with non stick spray. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Saute chicken 2-3 min per side. Transfer to a warm plate. De-glaze pan with wine. Add garlic, cook for about 2 minutes. Add broth, lemon juice, and capers. Return chicken to pan and cook each side for 1 minute. Transfer to serving plates. Add butter and lemon slices to sauces. Once butter melts pour over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment